Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities. Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution. We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects. We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission. Learn more at terraformation.com
The VP of Forestry Partnerships and Development is a senior leadership role that will be in charge of managing our internal team to help source and scale forestry projects around the world. This role will be responsible for developing profitable projects with organizations, ensuring both their success and the success of Terraformation in reaching our mission of planting 1 trillion trees by 2030.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Formulate a global strategy designed to successfully scale into the future
- Motivate and provide leadership to an internal team, setting clear goals and objectives while also promoting professional development
- Represent Terraformation in discussions with strategic partners (e.g., governments, environmental and wildlife conservation organizations, UN or other consortia, carbon verification service providers, etc.)
- Source and develop profitable forestry projects that are focused on native biodiversity
- Assess and develop multiple forestry-related value streams (e.g., carbon, sustainable timber, agroforestry, non-timber forestry products)
- Build and execute global alliances, including sourcing, engagement and facilitation of mutually beneficial forestry projects
- Leverage and maintain a globally diverse professional network in the forestry, carbon credits and climate change sectors
- Experience with managing teams and projects across multiple geographic locations
- Strong knowledge of carbon market sector
- Ability to manage multiple partners with varying project needs
- Strong Knowledge of forestry and horticultural techniques
- Experience working with both private sector as well as government agencies
- Experience in creating varying business models for profitable forestry projects
- Experience in negotiating project details to fulfill objectives
- Extremely strong communication skills used both internally and externally
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to act with humility and respect
- Experience working with landowners and international groups carrying out restoration work
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy Terraformation requires anyone who engages in in-person activities (e.g., team meetings, meetings with vendors, visits to one of our worksites) or travels for work related purposes to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.