GridStor is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. We acquire, develop and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America. GridStor is based in Portland, Oregon.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as key member of the senior leadership team, you will play an instrumental role on the team establishing the tools, systems and processes to evaluate, structure, dispatch and manage energy storage projects. You will have the opportunity to build out a best in class team and associated infrastructure to enable the rapid growth of a profitable, entrepreneurial energy storage business.
- Develop tools and framework for evaluating potential project sites based on load flow modeling and long term production cost forecasting
- Manage team to perform forward-looking congestion analysis, including developing and maintain models for forecasting nodal, zonal, and hub level prices in key markets
- Develop and manage team and tools to produce short term price forecasts to inform bidding and dispatch decisions
- Advise Business Development team on origination of projects with favorable interconnection and pricing attributes
- Integrate input from different analytic team members into a coherent internal view of both regional markets and specific sites/projects
- 10+ years of wholesale energy trading and structuring experience
- Risk analysis and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build out IT infrastructure to support energy trading and risk management
- Proficiency in data analysis with VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB
- Degree in Finance, Economics, or Engineering is preferred
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to executive and investor audiences
- Proven leadership and management abilities
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions with incomplete information