GridStor is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. We acquire, develop and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America. GridStor is based in Portland, Oregon.
As one of the first hires, you will have the opportunity to drive construction management for the company. You will work closely with the management team to manage large complex utility-scale energy storage projects in uniquely situated locations. You will be given significant responsibility across the full project execution lifecycle within a growing, entrepreneurial business and help accomplish our goal to build at the GWh scale. Looking for someone that is passionate about renewable energy with a genuine curiosity to learn.
- Support ongoing construction projects by being onsite as needed to act as site construction manager
- Work with project manager and project engineer as well as external parties to drive construction of the energy storage project.
- Maintain quality in construction including ensuring contractors follow best practices and QA/QC reporting
- Be GridStor’s presence on site. Drive decisions and coordination. Support contractors in troubleshooting issues.
- Attend daily POD’s and help support scope and schedule progress
- Support GridStor’s buildout of construction processes including cost estimating tools, scope of work / design criteria / EPC contracts.
- Support due diligence of project deals and development projects by providing the execution/construction perspective.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- 4 years of prior onsite construction management experience in the renewable energy industry, a plus if 2+ years in battery energy storage projects
- Strong knowledge on National Electric Code and relevant construction best practices
- Ability to drive a project to success is critical, including getting directly involved in managing contractors on site.
- Flexibility to perform other tasks that are not part of the position’s core responsibilities
- This role will require significant travel to project sites.
- Passion for renewable energy industry and curiosity to learn