GridStor is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. We acquire, develop and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America. GridStor is based in Portland, Oregon.
You will work closely with senior deal team members to source, evaluate and structure potential investments in energy storage assets. You will enable the rapid growth of a profitable, entrepreneurial energy storage business by sourcing proprietary project pipelines and negotiating the terms for acquisition. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
- Build and maintain financial models for investment opportunities and project financings
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analysis to support investment decisions and new market opportunities
- Prepare presentations and investment memoranda for the Investment Committee
- Assist with the due diligence process and third-party consultant reports preparation during financings
- Maintain financial models to ensure consistency and accuracy of results reflecting financial performance, including debt service and projected returns
- Support deal execution and take an active role in monitoring of portfolio of development and operating assets
- 2 years of prior work experience in the financial services or renewable energy industry, preferably in a project finance, investment banking or buy-side role
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills including DCF analysis in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Passion for renewable energy industry (existing knowledge and experience is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
- Project finance modeling and structuring experience is a plus, but not required