GridStor is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. We acquire, develop and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America. GridStor is based in Portland, Oregon.
You will work closely with senior deal team members to source, evaluate and structure potential investments in energy storage assets. You will enable the rapid growth of a profitable, entrepreneurial energy storage business by sourcing proprietary project pipelines and negotiating the terms for acquisition. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
- Own and maintain financial model for investment opportunities and project financings
- Implement improvements to the financial model on an ongoing basis in line with changing capital markets
- Manage the due diligence process and third-party consultant reports preparation during financings
- Assist with development of company standards of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support investment decisions and new market opportunities
- Prepare presentations and investment memoranda for the Investment Committee
- Support deal execution and take an active role in monitoring of portfolio of development and operating assets
- Work with existing financing parties to ensure accurate tracking of the projects’ financial performance
- 4 years of prior work experience in the financial services or renewable energy industry, in a project finance, investment banking or buy-side role.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills including DCF analysis in Excel, direct experience with project finance modeling is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Passion for renewable energy industry (existing knowledge and experience is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
- Understanding of project finance debt and tax equity structures is a plus