- Your mission at Climeworks is to synthesize and post-functionalize sorbent materials to ensure our competitive advantage in solid sorbents for our direct air capture technology.
- You will be part of our multidisciplinary team of organic chemists, polymer chemists, and materials scientists.
- The development scope comprises optimizing established synthetic protocols for the synthesis and post-functionalization of materials for direct air capture and applying synthetic transformations to improve the overall performance of our sorbent. The materials are characterized in-house chemically and physicochemically.
- You promote efficient team and department collaboration, assuring continuous learning and development.
- You generate patents in the field of materials for direct air capture.
- You implement a safety-first culture in laboratories and on-site, and take responsibility in accurately documenting your experimental work.
What we offer:
- You have completed an advanced degree in chemistry with a focus on organic synthesis.
- You have more than 5 years of academic and/or industrial experience in synthetic chemistry, preferably in R&D.
- You bring advanced knowledge in organic synthesis, preferably in solid-state synthetic chemistry and the post-functionalization of polymers.
- You have an understanding of structured polymers/porous materials.
- You have a fundamental and applied knowledge of physicochemical and chemical properties of polymers/materials.
- You are highly reliable, take strong ownership, and are self-driven.
- You have excellent communication skills, are flexible, a team-player, and a strong motivator.
- You have a passion for new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- You are fluent in English and any German knowledge is a plus.
A flat organization, a wonderful team, an improvement-oriented approach and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Have we caught your interest? Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
. We are looking forward to meeting you!