Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for multiple hands-on individuals to help us develop our core technology by processing electrochemical tests for large-scale experimental cell builds. As a part of our Technical Operations test team, you will execute, maintain, and troubleshoot tests for our iron-air batteries. We will recognize your previous experience with battery testing tools and norms and place you in a more senior position. And, we are willing to teach those eager to ask questions and grow within the battery field. This team offers an exciting opportunity for you to apply and expand your technical skills and lend your experience to directly impact the development of a breakthrough technology.
What You'll Do:
- Activate and monitor various electrochemical devices for experimental tests with high attention to detail
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot electrochemical test instruments and equipment
- Routinely coordinate with engineering teams to diagnose and troubleshoot abnormalities in cell cycling behavior
- Track electrochemical testing status using a cloud based organizational tool
- Monitor and offer recommendations for keeping Cell Testing documentation up to date
- Maintain laboratory conditions in a fashion that facilitates cleanliness and productivity for other lab users
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with following SOPs in a testing environment (class or lab time accepted)
- Experience with electrical work such as wiring, soldering, and cable construction
- Familiarity with lean concepts to maintain inventory and organize workflows
- Written and oral communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Strong attention to detail and lab safety awareness
- Experience operating electrochemical test equipment such as Maccor, Arbin, VersaSTAT, Solotron or battery management systems a plus
- Comfort using digital tools. We use Asana, Slack, Confluence, and GSuite, among others
We are hiring test technicians of multiple levels for the Technical Operations team, and will compensate in accordance with experience level.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.