Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to play an integral role in a new manufacturing equipment team. This team is responsible for developing novel processes used for manufacturing electrodes to be deployed in Form Energy’s commercial product. You will start with experiments and equipment substation prototypes used to define equipment architectures and processes. Moving forward, you will be responsible for ramping up manufacturing equipment and processes to deliver high-volume production facilities. This is an exciting opportunity to develop novel processing technology while doing your part to help combat climate change!
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the advanced manufacturing, battery design, facilities, and supply chain teams to stand up our pilot operation lines with a focus on safety and performance
- Establish processes which are safely capable of producing full scale battery electrodes
- Document and improve the process steps required to deliver electrodes capable of use in battery assembly and testing
- Train technicians and process engineers on new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Work with a diversity of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or pilot line environment
- Experience using statistical methods for making process development decisions
- Experience in the operation of ovens and/or furnaces and material handling equipment
- Experience designing safe processes involving hazardous locations
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator, across a range of engineering and business functions
- Demonstrated track record of innovative development and engineering
- BS required in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Battery and fabrication experience is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.