ISeeChange is a data and engagement company to help cities combat climate change. Our AI-enabled platform cross-references community-reported events with real-time data, enabling sustainable, equitable and efficient infrastructure and public works projects in municipalities across North America. Cities, engineers, utilities, and researchers use our software as a service to site, design, build, and monitor climate solutions that work best for communities.
ISeeChange is a social benefit corporation that has been recognized by Morgan Stanley, Verizon, TechStars, MIT Solve, Echoing Green, Grist 50 Fixers, the White House, NASA, and the UN’s Global Innovation Coalition for Change. With users in 118 countries and growing subscribers in New Orleans, Boston, and Greater Miami, we are expanding our team and launching new products ahead of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Inflation Reduction Act.
We are looking for a full time Product Lead who can lead product vision for how we leverage technology to adapt and mitigate climate change through infrastructure design and behavior change. This role will work with our company’s CEO, engineering, sales, and outreach teams to translate the vision of our company, client pain points, and resident generated data into product experiences that meet business goals with strategic engineering and design.
ISeeChange is developing scalable data processing pipelines powered by resident generated information, machine learning, and client needs. A successful product lead in this role is able to develop and prioritize data opportunities and customer challenges into solutions. This includes:
- Co-owning our roadmap alongside our engineering lead and CEO, which includes maintaining a high level understanding of all technologies used, and systems supported by the team.
- Measuring performance, keeping a close pulse on client stakeholders, anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs, and taking acceptable risks.
- Ensuring the team’s architectural, design, and engineering decisions are consistent with company strategy and goals.
- Designing and developing new features, algorithms, data processing operations, benchmarks and tests in the context of both client services and our user community.
- Engaging in multidisciplinary work that applies an agile process (scrum board, daily stand-ups and three-week sprints) to design, architecture, development, testing and deployment.
- Supporting business development processes by attending meetings with current and potential clients, contributing to proposals and scopes of work, and providing accurate task estimation and execution timelines.
- Providing high quality feedback that helps colleagues learn and improve.
- Helping research new technologies, make thoughtful recommendations, and clearly communicate trade-offs of adoption.
- Identifying and proactively tackling technical, product, and design debt in appropriate areas of your projects.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to share knowledge across the company and externally.
The ISC team is a multi-disciplinary, remote-first team with 8-team members across design, development, data science, climate science, urban planning, marketing, and community managers. We welcome qualified candidates with diverse life experiences who also value the diversity of our company and the communities we serve. Even if you are not familiar with all of the technologies or subject matter expertise mentioned here, you will be supported in learning them if your curiosity and drive is a match for our team.
What you have:
- Experience managing and leading product at a tech company with strong aptitude and understanding of how to break processes down into technical objects to solve problems.
- Consumer product experience including game design or a healthy obsession with incentives, triggers, and user flows
- A passion for developing and following through on metrics and goals
- Expertise walking the tight balance between both detail-oriented and big-picture thinking that keeps the future and our road map always in mind when working on smaller tasks.
- Familiarity with a number of cloud technologies and service based architectures
- Excellent communication, listening, and organization skills to solve complex problems and work with teammates across disciplines, as well as across time-zones
- Ability to work in a new market in a fast-growing industry
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Equal comfort with both customer and consumer -focused innovation
- A thirst to adapt and learn in order to keep innovating on a cutting edge features
- A hunger for making a difference on climate change
We’d be super pumped, if you also have:
- Experience with working with small teams or start ups
- Experience working on social media platforms or communities
- Experience with data science and machine learning applications
- Experience in managing development of SaaS, B2B or B2G tools.
What we have:
- A growing global web and mobile platform with an active community.
- Opportunities to learn new technologies (e.g. IoT and computer vision) and take responsibility for company initiatives.
- An international team of values-driven, friendly, and smart people (if we do say so ourselves) to work along-side.
- A dedication to make the world a better place.
- A remote team with flexible scheduling.
- Health care and benefit packages.
Why work with ISeeChange?
We are our authentic selves. We’re human - we know that our weaknesses and vulnerabilities matter just as much as our strengths. We engage each other with gratitude, transparency and love. We value community-sourced knowledge, “do no harm” revenue models, and impact-driven work to solve the climate crisis.
How to apply:
Apply here with a statement of interest, resume and an optional link to examples of your work or website.