Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role DescriptionWe are looking for a creative and diligent systems architect to lead the development of requirements, tying together product requirements, functional requirements, compliance, and validation testing using a thoughtful and collaborative process. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust framework, spanning from system-level down to battery cell-level requirements, that ensures Form Energy delivers products exceeding customer expectations. The role will be highly collaborative, involving working with nearly all engineering teams at Form Energy, including systems, battery module, battery cell, battery component, manufacturing, and test & validation teams. As one of the first members of the Product Architecture team, which sits at the intersection of technology development, product development, and product management, you will play a central role in developing our first multi-day storage product.
What You'll Do:
- Build and maintain the overall structure and documentation systems for requirements, from system-level to battery cell-level.
- Drive the cascading of functional requirements from system-level to battery cell-level by facilitating collaboration across stakeholders from systems, battery module, battery cell, battery component, and manufacturing teams.
- Help build and drive a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) process that continuously feeds FMEA learnings into functional requirements.
- Collaborate with engineers in compliance analysis, system interface definitions, and associated requirements definition.
- Engage with our test team on verification & validation (V&V) test plans to ensure comprehensive coverage of requirements.
- Collaborate with domain experts and modeling groups to scope, execute, and communicate the results of trade studies that inform architecture decisions.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in a product development environment involving requirements development, FMEA, compliance standards, and V&V test planning.
- Highly knowledgeable in the disciplines of writing engineering requirements, FMEA and V&V test planning.
- Expert in one or more requirements management and documentation tools (e.g. JAMA, Polarion, or similar).
- Passion for great documentation; a tendency to to cross every “t” and dot every “i”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to visit our CA, MA or PA site on at least a quarterly basis.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.