NIO is a global company with R&D offices in China, North America, Germany, and UK. NIO is the leader of intelligent Electronic Vehicle (EV) industry in China, which is the largest, fastest growing EV market in the world, and is also rapidly expanding its business worldwide. Digital Systems department at NIO is responsible for building highly reliable, secure, and scalable infrastructure and platforms for intelligent and fully autonomous driving vehicles, and its scope ranges from vehicle operating system software platform, central computer and SOA-based digital architecture, automation simulation test platforms, cyber security, vehicle cloud & connectivity. A primary mission of Digital Systems North America R&D Center is to lead the research and development of industry-leading operating systems for autonomous driving vehicles (NVOS – NIO Vehicle Operating System) from the ground up. This is an opportunity to solve a wide range of technical challenges, such as building a high-performance & secure OS based on microkernel architecture, deeply customized Linux and in-house hypervisor for automobile-grade safety, seamless app development on heterogeneous hardware chipsets, low-latency and high throughput data processing, powerful AI framework, and complete toolchains to supply Android-like development experiences. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager Embedded Software Platform Quality in San Jose California R&D Center to help accelerate the experience in the eyes of NIO's users.
- On time delivery of traceable and well tracked software quality assessment to support business decisions. Lead testing team disciplines: System test, test architecture, test automation & test coverage. Lead and evangelize the community to follow robust processes to drive experiments, testing runs, perform failure analysis and capture tracing to support quality improvements efficiently. Organize data driven processes to be able to accurately characterize complex systems. Participate in project planning and scoping
- Support product owners, development and PMs to deliver high quality software
- Inspire innovation and technical growth through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
- Provide career development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop with testing team.
- Meet hiring goals to fulfill quality coverage goals and support quality protection and evolution
- Promote NIO values and open doors leadership.
- 10+ years of embedded software quality and automation.
- 5 + years of team management experience in test, test automation and test architecture.
- Data driven, crystal clear structured communication.
- In-depth technical understanding of embedded software systems.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies.
- Capable of working effectively in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully and effectively work within a global team environment.
- Experience with DFMEA
- Experience with automotive technologies.
- Experience with functional safety ISO-26262 standard requirements.
- Knowledge about security in embedded systems.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $179,400 - $233,000
- Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus, equity, or benefits.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading company in the premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells premium smart electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS. NIO’s product portfolio consists of the ES8, a six-seater smart electric flagship SUV, the ES7 (or the EL7), a mid-large five-seater smart electric SUV, the ES6, a five-seater all-round smart electric SUV, the EC7, a five-seater smart electric flagship coupe SUV, the EC6, a five-seater smart electric coupe SUV, the ET7, a smart electric flagship sedan, and the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.