Brimstone was founded in 2019 to stop and reverse the effects of climate change through the production of carbon-neutral Portland cement and supplementary cementitious materials, regardless of the energy source. The cement/concrete industry is a $1T market responsible for 5.5% of GHG or approximately 7.5% of global CO2 emissions. This is the same amount of emissions released by the cars we drive daily. Increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere not only pose a threat to all living things on earth but have a disproportionate impact on disadvantaged communities.
Through the revolutionary work from our world-class team of scientists and engineers, we are inventing a new process to make ordinary Portland cement and supplementary cementitious materials that is carbon-negative and will be at cost-parity (preferably lower-cost). Our team has made remarkable progress over the last few years and we are looking to scale up!
We’re building an all-star team of sharp, mission-driven, collaborative individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. If you are interested in joining a team of builders, surfers, amateur chefs, podcast-junkies, bibliophiles, dog lovers, and car-campers who wake up every day excited to work on addressing climate change - we are the company for you!
Want to join us in decarbonizing cement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have a blast while doing it).You Should Join Us If You:
Are passionate and motivated about our mission to fight climate changeHave an insatiable sense of curiosity and a drive to solve problemsThrive in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment Want to work with a fun, mission-aligned, and values-oriented team
- Reactor design for heterogeneous reaction systems, including solid-liquid, gas-solid, and multicomponent solid-liquid
- Assist with process development and engineering design for processing projects, including formulating process flow diagrams and piping & instrumentation diagrams
- Perform technical communications such as verbal pre2sentations, Powerpoint slideshows, technical write-ups, and reports
- Assess materials of construction, including for corrosive and hazardous liquids, gasses, and solids and for high-temperature (>1000°C) systems
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- 5+ Years of Engineering Experience
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering
- Skilled with process simulation software such as Aspen Plus, Hysys, Chemcad, or similar
- Familiarity bridging process simulation with actual equipment, process, and plant design
- Familiar with techno-economic and lifecycle analyses
- Deep understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals: heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical kinetics, thermodynamic analysis, mass and energy balance, unit operation design
Salary Range: $147,000 - $191,000Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salaryMedical, Dental, and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees and dependentsTherapy and Counseling costs are 100% covered A computer of your choiceCommuter benefits and public transportation expenses are 100% coveredA fun, diverse, and talented team focus on making the biggest impact possible on climate changeOur Commitment to Diversity
Brimstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are seeking to build a unique team of individuals and create an environment where all backgrounds and experiences are valued. We credit our success to the different perspectives each team member presents and would never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.