Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment.
The team has offerings within the Pose & Localization, 3D Mapping, and Calibration subteams.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D., or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Good academic standing
- Can commit to at least a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship, co-op, or project completed in a relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California for the duration of the internship
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Strong understanding of C++
- Candidates will be matched to the team that best fits their skill set and team’s needs.
- 3D Mapping:
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Strong mathematics skills
- Experience with programming and algorithm design
- Intermediate programming skills in Python
- Understanding of mathematics of non-linear optimization (e.g. Newton’s method)
- Understanding of calculus and linear algebra
- Previous experience with similar projects in school work
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.