At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Harness Engineer to work in a growing team developing a composite, electric propulsion aircraft. The Engineer will be part of the team designing the Electrical Wiring Interconnect System which interacts with all of the aircraft systems. The responsibilities of the Engineer will include generating and maintaining Wiring Diagrams, Harness definition drawings, Harness Architecture drawings and Harness routing/Installation drawings. The candidate should have good knowledge of Military and Commercial part specification drawings for selection of appropriate harness components (wire, connectors, backshells etc..), should have a good understanding of best practices of harness design per AS50881 and AC25.1701
FAA regulations and should support internal and external harness manufacturing, Final Assembly Line integration and troubleshooting.
Within 3 months you will
- Learn about the aircraft High Voltage DC power distribution architecture, HV Cable and Connector requirements and selection process, Low Voltage Electrical Systems architecture, Wisk Harness Design process and Configuration Management processes.
- Familiarize with EMI/EMC wire separation guidelines, HIRF/Lightning harness Protection requirements, Grounding and Bonding requirements of harnesses, LRUs and structures.
- Help update and release the harness requirements as per CertificationAuthority regulations.
- Familiarize with Wisk Harness Design Tools and Drafting practices.
- Familiarize with the Wisk manufacturing team, process and best practices.
Within 6 months you will
- Take ownership of designing and integrating several harness assemblies on the aircraft and/or Test rigs.
- Advise the team on improvements to guidelines and processes based on experience.
- Participate in architecture trade studies, detailed performance analysis, optimization and component specification.
- Participate in wiring test bench and process design.
- Familiarize with TeamCenter by Peer Reviewing and Maintaining documents.
Within 12 months you will
- Assist the Airframe Structures group with bonding, grounding design with respect to lightning and HIRF.
- Troubleshooting signal integrity issues and document any deltas from as built to as released design.
- Make recommendations to continually improve our processes.
- PhD with no experience, MSEE degree with at least three years of experience, or a BSEE/BSME degree with at least five years of experience. At least 9 years of Aviation or Military Experience is also acceptable.
- Hands on experience in designing, fabricating and integrating aircraft wire harnesses.
- Familiarity with DO-160 testing and other aerospace development best practices and standards.
- Knowledge of FAA EWIS Part 23/25 regulations,AC 43.13-1B, and AS50881.
- Experience in troubleshooting wire harness related issues from Final Assembly Line and System Test Rigs.
- Experience with any Wire harness design software like Capital, SEE Electrical etc..
- Familiar with NX or other 3D CAD cable routing tools.
- Knowledge of Harness component selection and component suppliers.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Experience with weight optimization is strongly desired.
- Experience with writing and executing test procedures for design validation and qualification.
- Experience with Capital Harness software tool.
- FAA EWIS aircraft certification experience.
- EMI/EMC EWIS mitigation, design and test.
- High Voltage System requirements, safety and design best practices.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $136,808 - $209,050
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.