At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Why we need you
- We are looking for a Sr. Staff Systems Engineer focused on Vehicle Management Systems to join our team. The goal of a Vehicle Management System is to host and integrate the most critical functions supporting system automation, motion control and health status of the vehicle during all the phases of the mission. We work with a team of systems engineers and integrators to deliver a product complaint to a reliable and safe operation.
- You will lead functional, logical and physical architecture design and integration, by supporting the full product life cycle, from concept to detailed design, integration and verification. You will contribute to requirement and design documents, support trades and manage interfaces, among other System Engineering deliverables.
- The successful candidate has proven experience with fly-by-wire flight controls or other safety critical control systems full life cycle development. The candidate should be proactive, self-motivated, able to work in ambiguous situations, and have good prioritization skills.
What you will do
- You will contribute and guide a high performing Systems Engineering team to develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and develop process strategy, responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will review safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will lead multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- You will lead the system requirements development and validation efforts for the Vehicle Management System IPT.
- You will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision and quality policy of the organization, while supporting the team with technical guidance and mentorship.
What you have done
- B.S. in engineering and 8 years experience in control systems development
- Hands on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Experience with ARP4754, ARP4761
- Familiarity with DO-160, DO-178, DO-254
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Polarion, Doors, Requiem etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with an aircraft or UAM development program
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements such as Part 23/25, Part 33, and Part 35
- Familiarity with MBSE methodology and tools (SysML, Cameo or other).
Who you are
Compensation and Benefits:
- You will be detail and technically oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $133,673 - $204,261
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.