Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
You will manage an end-to-end supply plan to ensure demand and supply for critical system builds are cohesive with the Integrated Master Schedule and Production Plan. You will belong to a collaborative culture and exhibit transparent communication and innovative solutions for mitigating schedule risk.
This team member will:
- Interface between Suppliers, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to align schedules and resources for critical path items.
- Translate Engineering bills of materials into actionable planning signals for the Supply Chain and Production teams.
- Monitor and report supply risk mitigation strategies to internal customers on a continuous basis.
- Identify and clearly communicate schedule blockers and their impacts.
- Manage full product lifecycle demand and supply planning signals, with an emphasis on the transition from development to production.
- Negotiate internally & externally to ensure resources are appropriately allocated.
- Be the link between Inventory and Finance/Accounting to monitor and prevent overages or underages in excess of the plan of record.
- Create tools and innovate planning processes to help the supply chain operate more efficiently.
- Manage MRP and product/project schedule alignment.
- Maintain product master data in the system of record.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or Finance
- 3+ Yrs in Manufacturing, Planning, or Supply Chain
- Experience translating Engineering designs into demand and supply plans
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Strong understanding of ERP and MRP systems
- Strong computer skills with MS office or G-Suite applications
- General understanding of quality system functionality
- Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with many levels of personnel and suppliers
- Start-up or high growth environment
- Experience with resource allocation
- Creating and maintaining master schedules
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, typing, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time
- Willingness to adhere to safety protocols to migrate hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, and strong magnets
- Ability to occasionally work nights/weekends
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.