South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Regional Operations Manager is to support the Climate Projects team in the US & Canada with all operational matters that will enable the region’s continued growth and to ensure that the team can work in the most effective way. Responsibilities include defining and implementing operational processes, developing and improving new tools, compiling reports and data insights, controlling projects for quality assurance and accuracy, supporting shared learning and team development and leading onboarding activities. This is a fast paced role that requires cross company collaboration, multi-tasking and prioritization.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work with regional business line staff to address operational needs
- Collaborate with the global Climate Projects Operations team to ensure consistency in the development and implementation of new tools, resources, and processes
- Continuously analyze processes and tools to identify opportunities to make them more efficient, user-friendly, and accessible
- Monitor and review process implementation and adoption, collect feedback and reinforce adoption by providing further training when needed
- Assist in managing and continuously improving CRM systems, processes and tools
- Conduct onboarding for new Climate Projects staff
- Be the primary point of contact for Climate Projects on all operational matters within US & Canada
- Coordinate and manage a support function to support on all operational issues, such as procedural issues, questions on company policies, support with recruitment, legal checks, approvals, etc.
- Act as a go-to person for questions by the team on processes and internal knowledge management
- Perform data management and analysis to support communication and reporting on activities, resource management and future opportunities in coordination with the data insights team
- Act as a bridge towards other business lines including Climate Solutions & Corporate Services
- Develop, optimize and implement knowledge management tools, processes and procedures (Google Drive, internal project management tool, etc)
- Support the management of the Project Development & Sourcing function including time, budget and milestone controls
- Contribute to global process and policy improvements in collaboration with other Corporate Services teams in order to improve knowledge management at South Pole
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Science, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or related disciplines
- Relevant work experience (5-7 years) in operations and administration
- Experience in situations where attention to detail was required
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach
- Strong organizational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritize
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Results-driven, with a strong focus on process optimisation and continuous improvement
- Good people manager, with experience minimum 1-2 years in managing a small team
- Experience with formatting documents and using styles
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Strong familiarity with carbon markets and environmental asset management
- Diligent, reliable and proactive
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.