At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
As aviation steps into the modern age, advanced algorithms, sensors, and software are playing a much more significant role in delivering aircraft capability. That is especially true for our next generation eVTOL air taxi, which relies on a sophisticated suite of intelligent software combined with novel sensors to fly itself. And we want you to help build it.
We’re looking for a senior engineer to tackle the challenge of multi-vehicle planning for our network of self-flying taxis. You will work at the system level to build algorithmic approaches to orchestrate a network of aircraft. You will help create the systems responsible for automatic fleet scheduling and trajectory planning prior to takeoff. You will build software capable of effectively managing multiple aircraft in flight, while considering the human operator interface. You will help to develop solutions to system-wide disruptions affecting multiple aircraft simultaneously. In short, you will help enable the scaling of our autonomous operations.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know key people on the team
- Take on early development tasks to gain exposure to the project
- Develop an understanding of the technical challenges relevant to planning and directing our fleet of aircraft
- Begin developing architectures performing trade studies
Within 6 months you will:
- Develop frameworks and metrics for evaluating technologies
- Developing detailed logical architectures
- Explore the capability of your algorithms in multi-vehicle simulations
- Create development roadmaps
Within 12 months you will:
- Continue to develop our design and analysis tools
- Understand emergent behavior and deeper safety impacts through monte carlo simulations
- Demonstrate the integrated system capability in flight tests
- Perform surveys of the latest technology in industry and academia
- Design and execute trade studies to evaluate candidate architectures and algorithms
- Design, develop, and test algorithms in a high level coding language
- Develop models and simulation environments
- Work closely with software engineers to develop performant, compliant, and robust implementations
- Design and execute integrated tests of the software in simulation and in flight demonstrations
Compensation and Benefits:
- At least 5 years in industry or academia developing highly automated systems
- B.S. in related engineering field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Solid foundation of physics, mathematics, probability & statistics.
- Strong simulation and modeling skills.
- Human factors or HMI expertise preferred
- Working knowledge of Python, Matlab, and C++.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $124,466 - $190,191
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.