At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for Supplier Quality Specialists to join our team. The goal of a Supplier Quality Specialist is to perform compliance oversight and surveillance activities throughout the Wisk supply chain. This individual will leverage proven aerospace experience to lead Quality Management Systems assessments in accordance with aerospace industry standards. You will be part of the Safety and Quality team that is committed to creating, implementing and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
Why we need you
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for Supplier Quality Specialists to join our Safety and Quality department. The goal of the Supplier Quality Specialist at Wisk is to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements needed to build autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Safety and Quality team that partners cross functionally with Programs, Engineering IPTs and Supply Chain teams to successfully schedule and execute supplier assessments. In addition, this position will require you to be proactive in leading standard process improvements and tools to further develop audit programs. Your goal is to lead the successful execution of the Supplier Quality audit program activities. Your mission is to continuously improve our culture of quality, compliance and safety.
- The successful candidate is highly effective at communication with all different levels of the organization and executive levels. In this role, the candidate will be acting as a professional lead auditor who is experienced with coordinating, executing and reporting all elements of the audit program.
What you will do:
- As part of the Safety and Quality organization, you will lead the Supplier Quality organization for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will function as a lead Supplier Quality Auditor within the organization responsible for development and execution of supplier audit program
- You will develop key performance metrics and track progress to plan
- You will identify risks and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- You will work with Safety & Quality leadership to continuously improve the audit plans, schedules, resources and tools as needed
- You will take part in implementing and developing a culture of continuous improvement
- You will help support problem solving activities in compliance gaps
- You will communicate schedules and status to different levels of the organization
- You will leverage project management best practices to improve team communication, optimize processes and manage resources
What you have done:
- Previous experience as a Quality lead auditor and at least 4-6 years of work experience in the aerospace, defense or space industries
- You have strong ability and technical skills interpreting aerospace industry standards (AS9100, ISO9001, AS9102, technical data, software plans, drawings and specifications)
- You have demonstrated work experience leading organizational or supplier audit programs
- You have hands-on experience in Manufacturing and Quality organizations within a production or maintenance environment
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching Quality Management System requirements
- Comfortable leading audit presentations, summarizing audit reports and delivering recommendations based upon audit results
- Review corrective action responses and determine effectiveness of improvements
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Prefer 10 years of aerospace experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and/or Maintenance roles
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer or Software Quality Engineer accreditation or equivalent
- Strong familiarization with FAA regulatory requirements
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications with internal and external stakeholders
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.