Completely autonomous in complex environments
Zoox is driving autonomously in ways that no one else has shown. We are driving in ...View Company Profile
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities and safely deploy such a robotaxi solution. Zoox’s System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team is responsible for constructing the safety case and validating that our vehicles are safe enough to be deployed for autonomous driving. We play a foundational role for the success of the company. As Zoox prepares to launch our technology on public roads, we are seeking a Systems Engineer that will work on developing fault monitoring diagnostics required to meet the system safety case, primarily focusing on the motion control system.
- Create prototype fault monitoring algorithms and software design documents
- Work with Firmware engineers for implementation of diagnostic algorithms
- Collect and process log data from HIL benches/test vehicles to characterize system behavior and further improve on monitoring algorithms
- Perform verification and validation on test assets (HiL benches/test vehicles)
- Issue resolution for malfunctions related to these diagnostics reported on the field
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science (Master's preferred)
- 4+ years experience with Python or Matlab/Simulink for developing algorithms for motion control and/or fault monitoring
- Experience with safety oriented system design using relevant standards (e.g. ISO26262)
- Experience with debugging C++ code
- Experience with software verification on HIL benches and/or on-vehicle for developing vehicle control systems
- Experience with log analysis and post processing using Vector CANalyzer and/or similar tools
- Experience developing detailed design documents for software components
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience in directly using safety analysis techniques such as FMEA and FTA
- Proficient with requirements development tools (e.g. Polarion)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier
of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.