ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
Generate is hiring a Program Manager/Senior Program Manager, Building Systems to manage and coordinate activities associated during construction and asset management for a variety of building technology upgrades on large portfolio of buildings with a single MUSH customer Generate owns and operate. Initial scopes of work for construction would include building envelop, BMS upgrades, LED retrofits and HVAC. Ongoing Asset Management includes LED maintenance, Active Energy Management and Active Operations. Generate has developed the projects leveraging top tier partners that are in charge of practical execution and the main responsibilities will include managing subcontractors, administration of project Smartsheet database and budgets, and maintenance of relationship with mid-level decision makers within the host organizations.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Program Manager/Senior Program Manager, Building Systems:
For portfolios in construction or development:
- Manage and coordinate all activities from inception to final completion all activities associated with a variety of building technology upgrades on large portfolios of buildings. Scopes to include building envelop, building management systems with hedge devices intelligence, lighting, HVAC and others energy efficiencies retrofits.
- Perform as the day-to-day point of contact for all program stakeholders, including mid-level executives within site host organization.
- Thoroughly understand the relationships, contracts, details, key milestones, and deliverables associated with building systems program and manage all stakeholders (site host, technical designs, subcontractors) to successful completion.
- Ensure technical design process is fulsome and includes all relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and execute various workstreams across buildings and technologies simultaneously.
- Communicate weekly status updates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead internal and external meetings as necessary.
- Administer master portfolio database in Smartsheet and budgets.
- Track project progress and deliverables; ensuring that responsible parties are aware of requirements and keeping records of compliance.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation efforts.
For portfolios in operations:
- Thoroughly understand the operations of each facility and identify opportunities for performance improvements, actively keeping abreast of current market trends, technological developments, and strategies employed by other owners to ensure that Generate’s asset management is on the cutting edge
- Lead the identification and implementation of strategies for further optimization, both operational and commercial
- Manage short and long term costs and produce highly accurate forecasting for asset P&Ls
- Working closely with Accounting and FP&A to ensure the accuracy of asset financials, assist in responding to audit requests, and produce monthly variance analysis
- Assist with onboarding new assets to your portfolio, including tranching, documentation, and ensuring that other internal stakeholders receive necessary information and deliverables
- Identify and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners relevant to your portfolio, including but not limited to: incentive program managers, customers, vendors, and financing counterparties, and manage disputes and other issues as needed
- Become a subject matter expert in all material contracts associated with your portfolio, utilizing and helping improve upon Generate’s framework for contract compliance and risk management
- Track equipment and performance/availability warranties in a structured and scalable manner. As needed and in conjunction with O&M contractors, identify possible warranty claims, compile supporting documentation, and lead the claim process. Use findings of this process to champion continuous improvement in Generate’s contracting and procurement practices
- As needed, create and run RFPs or otherwise source appropriate vendors to serve the portfolio’s requirements, focusing on building relationships with best in class providers and creating market-leading strategies and structures
- Assist in due diligence and formulation of operating assumptions for possible new additions to Generate’s portfolio
- Develop and implement a long term plan for maximizing the performance of your portfolio
- Work with the Information Technology team to develop data-driven tools for assessing the performance of your portfolio and monitor emerging risks and opportunities
- Drive organization and optimization of internal Generate processes to contribute to a best-in-classs asset management program
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 15+ years’ experience in commercial construction or facilities management, with extensive experience managing programs and portfolios.
- A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow-through
- Effective written and oral communicator capable of managing multi-directional relationships with senior-level executives.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets, schedules, and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and Smartsheet.
- Prior exposure to Salesforce helpful
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.