Half of our world’s food supply is dependent on synthetic nitrogen fertilizer, yet it has serious environmental impacts. Fertilizer contributes ...View Company Profile
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Regional Agronomy Lead
Location: Indiana (Central Indiana – Indianapolis, IN)
We are seeking a Regional Agronomy Manager to support and lead a team of Field Agronomists who conduct late state evaluation trials as well as serve as a resource for our customers and commercial teams. A split role between research and customer interaction will be an essential part of our commercialization team, bridging our research and discovery team and the growers we seek to support.
- Identify the agronomic needs in assigned geographical area, including building location specific protocols
- Complete agronomic needs assessment for assigned area
- Provide regional leadership to Field Agronomists in geographical area
- Establish a collaborator network, including consultants, to universities
- Trial execution and development - help conduct and identify/enroll/monitor/manager external partners or additional staff members in running protocols
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of late-stage field trials; location identification, grower/cooperator contracts, trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting and data collation
- Interact regularly with early adopters for both product evaluation and product support
- Support and facilitate commercial activities including product placement, marketing support, and sales staff training
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and future customers for product validation in existing and future product lines
- Develop demo plots to support sales and marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with research and discovery colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products
- Provide written agronomy research summaries that can be used to support product management, positioning, and field sales training
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools for evaluation of products as well as grower demonstrations
- Travel up to 40% of the time
Required skills, experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field plus at least eight years’ field research experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team of individual contributors
- Field research planning, trial design and statistical analysis
- Strong background in agricultural field research and solid understanding of agricultural products including plant nutrition, biologicals, crop protection chemicals and adjuvants/surfactants
- Strong practical knowledge of and experience with chemical applications, data capture/entry
- Ability to incorporate technology tools and systems (remote sensing, aerial imagery etc. into R&D trail work. Willingness to run proof of concept experiments with emerging technology tools (i.e., novel sensors).
- Ability to engage/present in customer field days, meetings, as well as certain company events
- Strong fertilizer and fertility knowledge from products, applications, practices and crop need.
- Fluent in understanding and ability to educate on nitrogen and nitrogen management.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 40 lbs.
**MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team