May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help manage our remote assistance solution, which allows our operation teams to support our autonomous vehicles in navigating the long-tail of complex, autonomy scenarios. This represents one of the most challenging, complex, and influential domains for commercializing autonomy. You’ll define product vision, strategy and execute to create a great, seamless product that your users will love. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners within and outside of your area to define and build the right product. Strong candidates can see different angles of a product and opportunity, know how to connect the dots, and work well with people in different roles and functions to execute strategy. You’ll also work with experienced product designers and researchers in uncovering deep insights and define strategic opportunities that leverage them. You and the team will use these insights to define hypotheses, assumptions and experiments for testing them. This role will report into the Sr. Mgr, Product Management for Software and Data Infrastructure team.
- Define the vision, strategy, roadmap, and go-to-market strategy for the remote assistance and motion planning product area
- Deliver a great user experience by actively and proactively surveying user needs and translating use cases into product artifacts
- Synthesize technical and analytical insights with product intuition to formulate compelling roadmap investments and adjust quickly to new information
- Ability to devise and use data, analysis and product metrics to measure success, back assumptions, and make recommendations
- Work with product team to scope and facilitate design and development sprints to quickly iterate through build-test-learn cycles
- Build a robust feedback loop with customers, partners and users to continuously improve products
- Defining a differentiating vision and strategy for cutting-edge autonomous vehicle features
- Working with customers, internal teams and functions, and leverage market intelligence to derive insights to inform product feature strategy
- Shoring product vision & strategy up with compelling rationale and customer validation
- Partnering with Engineering, Operations, etc. to define teams and operating rhythms to effectively develop, launch & operationalize features
- Leveraging excellent communication and leadership skills to evangelize and advocate for your features, working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
- Being a domain expert and thought leader on your features throughout their life cycles to ensure customers love them, they successfully enable solutions and create a compelling competitive advantage in the market
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in leading product management and development, leading human-centered design efforts for software, hardware or combined software/hardware products, and taking a product from idea to market maturity.
- Experience leading executives, cross-functional teams, and key partners through decisions to drive progress towards strategic goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of human-robot and/or human-complex system interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to objectively evaluate the impact and issues with human-robot and/or human-complex system interfaces (e.g. through designing and running experiments or through design and implementation review processes such as coactive design).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead the rapid and iterative resolution of complex human-robot and/or human-complex system issues such as issues that arise in mixed-initiative, mixed-mode, and multi-robot (i.e. 1-to-many) systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to craft product strategy amidst ambiguity
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in using UX and design thinking to drive a great product experience
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, machine learning, robotics, data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), or other relevant industry experience
- Experience in combined software/hardware/AI product development which included working cross-functionally across multiple organizations to deliver a delightful product experience
- Experience establishing best practices in a fluid environment
- Experience in supporting a product throughout the launch phases
- Start-up experience
- Experience in creating features that disrupt the market
- Experience in developing remote assistance control applications
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.