A subsidiary of Docaposte and Bull (Atos), SERES is a major player in the digital transformation of companies in the ...View Company Profile
About SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES)
SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES) is committed to research and development in the field of electric drivetrains. We are passionate about creating innovative and dependable electric drivetrains that offer exceptional performance and efficiency. Our goal is to deliver the most effective and cutting-edge drive unit solutions to electric vehicle companies around the world.
Motor Control Engineer
- Developing motor control algorithms, calibrations, and modeling in mechanical system;
- Developing mechanical test plans and processing electro-mechanical system testing data from the lab experiments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and validate advanced motor control algorithms and control strategy for electro-mechanical system both in the laboratory and in vehicle level.
- Develop state-feedback field-oriented controls (FOC) and robust state observers
- Develop over-modulation algorithm using state-of-art techniques
- Optimize machine mechanical (position/speed) sensor configuration and design advanced speed controller to attenuate system mechanical torque oscillation induced in vehicle dynamics.
- Perform parameter calibration using back-to-back motor dyno and full-scale drivetrain dyno.
- Perform vehicle level testing to obtain smooth communication between VCU (vehicle control unit), electrical motor and internal combustion engine.
- Post-process experimental data using LabVIEW/Matlab for control algorithm development.
- Define specification of hardware components including torque transducer, power analyzer, temperature sensors, position, voltage, and current sensors.
- Design and implement motor control algorithm development with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and software-in-the-loop (SIL) simulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- MS degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering + 6 months experience in motor control. Or PhD degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Having used engineering tools such Vector PREEvision or similar to create network or communication designs and to understanding wiring schematics
- Experience with failure analysis methodology like FMEA and fault trees
- Experience with standard EE lab instruments (oscilloscope, multimeters, data bus analysis tools..)
- Motivation to make complicated systems work together
- Electric vehicle systems and hands-on integration testing experience
- Creativity in your design
- Motivation to make a difference in the automotive industry
- Ability to build stuff with your hands
- Great communication skills
SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES) is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.