About the Role:
As a Quality Technician at AppHarvest, you will be you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by ensuring that all products meet or exceeds customer specifications.
Updated Resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
Hourly Rate: $14.50
2nd Shift: 6:00pm - 4:00am
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that all product meets or exceeds customer specifications. Inspect and signs off on product quality in inventory and/or at the docks to meet our customers’ specifications.
- Ensure allocation is followed, validate correct product is pulled and shipped to customer.
- Ensure that all product inspections are being performed, labeling specifications are adhered to, and non-conforming product is pulled and corrected.
- Flex between shipping and receiving and production department to assist with quality inspections
- Tracking and report on customer quality reports and complaints
- Monitor and report on product quality testing (brix, nutrient analysis, shelf life, etc.)
- Complete various administrative tasks that include standard QA/QC forms; documentation of inspection results by completing logs and reports; inputting data into database system.
- Report any exceptions to customer specifications to department leaders
- Send out quality issues emails for non-compliant product
- Ensure product packaging is in presentable conditions and of the highest standards for our customers
- Utilize the ERP system and communicate technical needs for improving performance
- Perform any other quality related tasks or special projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the produce/grocery industry highly desired. Product training will be provided.
- Must maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job
- One year of experience in a related field required (quality, inspection, audit)
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours. Rotating weekends required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills Need to be creative, adaptable, and able to accurately work with a sense of urgency
- Advanced computer skills with MS Word, Excel including filters, sorts, pivot tables, and formulas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Math aptitude required
Working conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in temperatures ranging between 40-100 degrees
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 15 feet
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour or 10-hour shifts on concrete floors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be comfortable working near moving mechanical parts