Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles: Action
: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.Boldness
: We don’t tinker, we transform.Customer-Centered
: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.Diligence & Dedication
: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.Entrepreneurial
: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the expansion and scaling of the global carbon credit portfolio, through carbon project origination and sourcing from your network of developers and brokers worldwide
- Evaluate and source new, large scale, globally distributed carbon removal and avoidance projects with an emphasis on one or more of the following disciplines: Renewables, Technology-based solutions, Agriculture, Methane, Household devices, and/or other carbon project sector expertise
- Understand and leverage sequestration science to identify and evaluate new projects and types of removals
- Work to analyze and structure economics, deals and proposals of carbon projects in partnership with Project Finance team
- Collaborate with Enterprise Business Development team to close deals with prospective partners on complex carbon credit portfolios meeting the needs of our discerning clients
- Support the creation of financial models for carbon programs, including deal structuring and unit economics of transactions, in collaboration with Project Finance and Carbon Market teams
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant standards and certifications in use in both compliance and voluntary markets, and anticipate market evolution
- Manage and communicate Aspiration’s perspectives in industry organizations and taskforces to help drive forward the evolution of this marketplace
- Collaborate with carbon research organizations through thought leadership and research development
What You'll Bring:
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- 5+ years experience in climate change, carbon offsets, or carbon markets with 10+ years of professional experience
- Project development and/or carbon/renewable/avoidance project evaluation and negotiation
- Familiarity with core principles of carbon offset quality criteria including emerging standards such as ICVCM
- Exceptional project coordination and program management skills
- Strong quantitative, financial, research, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter, get things done attitude with the ability to work independently and with little supervision - find a problem and fix it type of attitude!
- Proven ability to work with, inspire and energize others, internal and external
- Financial background and understanding of financing mechanisms
- Familiarity with metrics & frameworks for sustainability and related reporting, e.g. GHG Protocol, CDP, SBTi, VCMI
- Exceptional analytical/quantitative experience in Excel, including with financial modeling
- Strong leadership skills, a highly collaborative spirit, and experience working cross-functionally.
- Good vibes, curiosity, tenacity, flexibility and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment -- you’ll be joining a very fun, high-growth entrepreneurial team!
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here