At Zoomo, we’re pedaling hard for net-Zero. Our vision is to transition every urban mile to light-electric vehicles. The world is shifting to on-demand delivery and we’re providing the wheels to make it happen.
Zoomo is the world’s leading provider of e-bikes for delivery. We’re a fast-growing start-up with operations in the US, UK, France, Spain, Germany, and Australia. And we’re just getting started.
We’ve raised >US$100m and are a trusted partner to some of the world’s most innovative companies including Uber, Doordash, Gorillas and Getir. Now we’re looking for more passionate self-starters to lead our business to the next level.
Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are unlimited and your career development is our priority.
We’re looking for a highly organized, ambitious, and technically skilled Field Mechanic to help turn the NYC Field Maintenance Operation into a global benchmark for efficiency, productivity, and culture. Reporting directly to the warehouse manager, this person embraces the Zoomo virtues, strives for the perfection of their craft, and is not afraid of change. Joining the Field Maintenance team will be a challenge that is equally energizing, impactful, and rewarding.
The ideal fit for this role takes pride and ownership in their work. They should be both a skilled bicycle mechanic, and proficient at data entry. We are looking for someone that is trustworthy and decisive since the bulk of their duties will be performed off site. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of Zoomo’s most exciting growth market team in North America.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Visit client sites to repair vehicles to keep our partners on the road and running efficiently.
- Data Collection: Accurately record daily progress through appropriate channels in a clear and timely manner.
- Process improvement: Contribute to initiatives to improve processes, including tooling, logistics, and staffing.
- Communication: Ensure that data and information makes it to the proper connections, while adhering to deadlines and cadences.
- Ad hoc initiatives: Assist and take ownership of additional initiatives as needed by the warehouse management team.
- Ownership mentality. No job is too big or too small.
- Self-starter. Excited by a growth environment and willing to try new strategies while keeping the focus on achieving results.
- Technical expertise. Lives and breathes bikes and uses that knowledge to elevate others.
- Agility. Thrives in rapidly changing, fast-paced, and ambiguous conditions. Able to bounce across a wide range of disciplines on the shop floor, including technical areas like wheel building and non-technical areas around logistics.
- Culture carrier. Lives the Zoomo virtues.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Data-driven. Able to report, track, and communicate information over several channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team and cross-functional partners.
- Ability to work at different altitudes - whether on the shop floor or in a on location with clients.
- Alignment with Zoomo’s vision and purpose.
- Starting wage $24 plus full health benefits
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong management team and global presence.
- The chance to be part of an organization in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers.
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do.
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals.
- Attractive remuneration package and benefits
- Autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace.
- Experience the NYC skyline from the comfort of one of our state of the art electric bikes.