About the role:Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects.
Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. The CAD team is an experienced team, with deep expertise in Web UI and 3D. CAD 3D modeling, visualization and Web UI technologies generate the majority of revenues for Aurora, and directly impact the customer experience with Aurora solutions. The CAD engineering team provides technologies to other teams and to several Aurora Solar products. The role is about adding expertise and leadership in the team on FullStack and Backend technologies to better integrate CAD technologies with the services and APIs of the Aurora Cloud Platform. The role touches on several technical layers: Frontend, Backend, CAD engines, AWS/Heroku, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud monitoring/Alerting, etc. The selected candidate is expected to promote new and creative ways to implement efficient FE-BE interfaces and libraries for processing high-volume data. We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Help deploy best practices in FE and BE software development
- Enhance our Ruby-on-Rails Backend application and related set of services to ease the integration of CAD technologies to the Aurora Cloud Platform
- Create new FE and BE services on AWS related to CAD technologies
- Maintain and create corresponding Web APIs used by strategic technical partners
- Optimize / Implement efficient FE-BE interfaces and libraries for processing high-volume of data
- Mentor teammates on service-oriented architecture and backend implementation
What we value:
- Full Stack experience; familiarity with CI/CD and Automated testing
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) Ruby-on-Rails
- Expertise with GraphQL
- Expertise in integrating with cloud monitoring services like Datadog
- Familiarity with React and with browser-based 3D visualization (WebGL, three.js)
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, emphasizes team results over self, comfortable with ambiguity
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.