About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are seeking a dedicated Digital Brand and Comms Designer to join our growing company. You will collaborate with our marketing team to create effective and eye-catching images and campaigns to increase our brand awareness. As a critical and influential part of the Brand and Comms team, you will put your passion for visual design and storytelling to amplify compelling content with professional visual compositions - to support the larger goal of elevating design in the solar and climate technology industry. Your primary duties will include developing marketing graphics for digital and traditional platforms.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Designing, producing, managing and prioritizing a workload of multiple interactive digital projects from concept to completion including social media banner ads, email newsletter and templates, website landing pages, infographics, ebooks, videos, direct marketing, print, trade show design, and sales enablement (presentations, brochures, collateral)
- Collaborating with the marketing team to ensure that all designs align with the brand image, while also meeting usability and website standards
- Preparing updates and design visualizations for each project to the relevant stakeholders while implementing feedback and changes on schedule
- Ensuring consistency in design and content across all platforms - with each project and across the Aurora brand
- Designing web wireframes and working with the web development team to transform them into intuitive user interfaces
- Art direct and design motion graphics for social media and interactive infographics
- Create visualizations that convey accurate messaging for each project by providing advice and guidance on the aesthetic for digital campaigns
- Develop resources, guidelines, templates, and source digital tools that enable cross-functional teams to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions
- Support the design team in designing other materials for digital, video, and print, including brand experiences (annual virtual summit, trade shows, advertising, marketing products and integrated campaigns)
- Manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions, with a clear quality assurance process for consistency and errors
What we value:
- Experience working at an interactive design agency or inhouse supporting a digital-focused marketing department
- Proficiency in programs such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Sketch, and other related software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proactive about receiving feedback about design
- Minimum of three years experience in digital design or graphic design
- Keen attention to design detail across all deliverables, ability to uncover inconsistencies and think across entire design system for consistency
- Experience working within company brand guidelines but also helping to evolve the brand design
- Ability to make design decisions while gaining buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Strategic and analytical minded
- Extremely organized, with excellent time management and skills
- Strong foundation in graphic design, including typography, composition (layouts and grids), and color
- Familiarity and experience creating web pages using Wordpress as primary backend system
- Experience working across various 360 marketing channels across print, digital media, and physical space
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing a plus
- Portfolio of digital design work demonstrates continued drive for excellence and desire to innovate throughout creative projects
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.