At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for:
- We are looking for a Senior Aircraft Flight Dynamics Simulation Engineer to join our team. The goal of an Aircraft Flight Dynamics Simulation Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that aircraft flight dynamics and control systems are correctly simulated and integrated within a number of simulation applications. These include, but are not limited to:
- Monte-Carlo type simulations for the development of autonomy algorithms
- Real-time, Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) and System-Level simulations
- Avionics hardware and embedded software development and certification activities
- Aircraft system development and certification activities
- Ground segment development and certification activities
- Evaluating and validating aircraft performance
- Concept of Operations (ConOps) definition and validation
- Operator/’pilot’ training
- Maintenance training
Why we need you:
- The Senior Aircraft Flight Dynamics Simulation Engineer is responsible for the design, development and deployment of simulation capabilities that meet the needs of various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
What you will do:
- Design, develop, validate and deploy advanced simulation capabilities pertaining to aircraft flight dynamics (flight mechanics, flight controls, GNC, aerodynamics) for a diverse set of applications; including single- and multi-agent scenarios for complex algorithm development, early requirements validation for aircraft systems, embedded software development/verification, HIL/SIL and system-level environments, validation of control algorithms, and operator/‘pilot’ training
- Help to cultivate and develop departmental expertise with flight dynamics disciplines and the simulation of flight dynamics
- Help organize, plan and advance the end-to-end simulation development efforts to support our long-term autonomous air-taxi ConOps
- Work within agile teams to co-manage the development backlog and to ensure that the needs of internal groups/IPTs are met
- Help define and fulfill long term simulation requirements including certification aspects of the simulation platform
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience simulating aircraft flight dynamics, aerodynamics, flight controls and/or GNC, preferably in a real-time simulation environment
- Experience working with ARINC 429 and/or ARINC 664
- Experience working with HIL/SIL simulations and test environments
- Experience working the Qualification Test Guide (QTG) of Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs)
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics (FMS, EGPWS, WXR, etc), aircraft systems and aircraft operations
- Proficiency in C/C++ and python
- Strong software architecture design and development skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about aviation, advanced air mobility and the future of transportation
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with scaling simulation applications in a cloud environment
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink, C# or Java
- Prior experience designing aircraft systems
- Prior experience with ARINC 708, ARINC 615, ARINC 610, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760 or CAN bus
- Prior experience developing embedded avionics software
- Prior experience with DO-178, DO-254 or similar certification standards
- Familiarity with MBSE and MBD tools and methodologies
- Prior experience with the design, development, test and certification of Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs)
- Prior experience working as an Integration Specialist on FSTDs
- Familiarity with FAR Part 60 (FAA) or one of its equivalents
- Prior team leadership and/or management experience
- Prior project/program engineering experience
- Prior project/program management experience
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $122,018 - $186,450
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.