At the forefront of farming and food, Upside Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Upside Foods is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The Sr. Desktop Support position is responsible for supporting Upside team members with problems and requests related to their desktops, software, services and accounts. This role requires a deep dedication to customer first thinking and bias for action related to end user support, as well as enthusiasm for participating in a critical growth period for our team and the company. This role will be critical in continuing to strengthen our relationships with the Upside team and define the role of Service Desk by providing white glove service via Slack, email, tickets, and in-person support, as well as supporting the Service Desk Manager and Systems Administrator in updating our systems and processes to support Upside’s changing environment and driving the team’s success in meeting our SLAs. The candidate should be comfortable working across various environments, including Mac & PC, SaaS software (such as Google Workplace and JIRA), and novel hardware and software for our research labs., as well as answering Slack and ticket requests in a timely manner with excellent customer service.
- Maintaining the User Lifecycle Management process including: On-boarding, off-boarding, automated provisioning (via SCIM or similar), auditing, inventory management, and reporting.
- Intelligently managing the service desk workload by solving, prioritizing, and escalating the tickets coming into our queue.
- Supporting our evolving SaaS landscape, including user escalations and advocacy.
- Escalated troubleshooting for end users and laboratory PC and Macs, and escalating issues as appropriate to the senior IT team.
- Responding to monitoring and alerts and escalating to team members as appropriate.
- Creating deep & meaningful documentation, including self-help articles, updating existing processes, and developing new processes to simplify working with Upside technology.
- Being on-call once a month to support off-hours requests from team members that may occur.
You love helping people. Interacting with brilliant team members drives you forward, no matter how complicated the issue may be.
- Deeply curious; You have a need to understand how things work and why.
- You are excited about joining a team in a time of opportunity and growth - a little storm doesn’t scare you, and you love being a part of defining new directions and making things better. You don’t need yesterday to be the same as today.
- Customer obsessed; You understand that IT exists primarily to ensure the business is productive and stays that way - including a responsibility to uphold fair policies (every team member gets the same level of excellent support!) and a vigilant security stance. You don’t have a problem saying “no” when it’s the right answer for the business to succeed.
- You have had 3+ years supporting end users with complex computer problems.
- You roll with the punches, and don’t have a hard time context switching when necessary.
- You may not have all the answers, but you know you enjoy working in technology and have some ideas about your direction in the field. You’re ready to apply what you know and know which directions you want to explore further.
Who you’ll work with…
- You’ll collaborate with a bright, creative, and uniquely friendly team in the IT Department on day to day operations as well as larger-scope projects.
- You’ll team up with every function in the business, working especially closely with the Business Operations, Lab Operations, and People teams to support cross-functional initiatives and processes.
- You’ll be responsible for end-user support as well as front-line support for our laboratory and manufacturing technology, meaning you will make an impact on every Upsider and every part of our business.
Key Contributions in First Year…
- Drive success in meeting SLAs for end-user support tickets and customer satisfaction while increasing our percentage of first-call resolutions
- Work with the Service Desk team to complete the implementation of the inventory management system
- Work with the Service Desk team to ensure every endpoint is in security compliance
- Drive the service desk team in updating and developing a robust and clear set of self-service documentation for staff.
Compensation Range: $48,000-$85,000*
*Pay may vary depending on factors including job-related knowledge and skills.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.