GridStor is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. We acquire, develop, and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America. GridStor is based in Portland, Oregon.
As GridStor’s Sr. Associate of Procurement and Contracts, you will be for facilitating vendor selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing contract administration for major equipment supply agreements and balance of plant construction agreements in support of the GridStor development and construction pipeline. This position will manage GridStor’s relationships with construction partners and major equipment vendors, implementing a multi-year procurement strategy. The Sr. Associate will work closely with other members of the project development teams to incorporate market intelligence and vendor inputs into the bid evaluation and contracting process to ensure the delivery of high-value equipment and services to GridStor projects.
This position will report to the Vice President of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction and will be based in Portland, OR.
- Manage the development and implementation of procurement strategies, RFI and RFP documentation, prequalification processes, and bidder list management.
- Manage project-specific procurement and contracting efforts for major equipment and balance of plant services in coordination with development, engineering, construction, and legal.
- Support the evaluation of bid responses to ensure responses are compliant and consistent.
- Effectively support the negotiation of agreements for terms and conditions related to scope, price, and delivery in accordance with GridStor policies.
- Maintain GridStor form contracts in coordination with commercial and legal teams
- Ensure GridStor projects meet objectives related to safety, cost, delivery performance, schedule, and quality through effective contract negotiation.
- Apply contracting abilities from award to delivery including accurate monitoring of commercial changes.
- Review cost proposals and actual cost reports from projects to establish standard summary data cost reports and variance analyses.
- Track and report on cost movement during negotiations.
- Ensure that GridStor risks are mitigated through alignment across major project agreements (BOP agreement, equipment supply, PPA, etc.).
- Ensure timely and frequent engagement with key cross-functional teams on all issues related to equipment and BOP supply.
- Support and facilitate internal team resolution on material changes to agreements across both commercial and technical issues.
- Coordinate with Engineering to gather and maintain specifications, scopes of work, and standards to be followed for GridStor projects.
- Build relationships with GridStor’s BOP and major equipment suppliers.
- Maintain GridStor’s approved vendor lists
- Manage vendor qualification and re-qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, contract management, supply chain management, or related field is required.
- Three (3) or more years of solar, wind, and/or storage procurement, contracting, or other related experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Project management skills working with large-scale storage, solar, or wind development projects are desired.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.