Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a Test Engineer to help us develop our core technology by joining our growing test operations team. You will continuously improve, write, and develop test processes for a variety of cell and system requirements as we scale up our technology. In this role, you will work closely with the technology development and technical operations teams to support and sustain battery testing, facilitate analysis of test data, and contribute to test operations process development. This role offers the opportunity to apply your test and development skills while learning and growing within our mission-driven organization.
What You'll Do:
- Create, document, and train test technicians in new testing processes
- Participate in cross functional efforts with Technology Development teams to perform test instrument troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Work with external suppliers to address test stand issues, increase reliability, and reduce testing downtime
- Serve as a liaison to the Data Engineering team to find opportunities to improve and maintain data robustness and integrity
- Lead efforts to track performance of weekly control units and employ statistical analysis tools to identify performance and/or test stand variability
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with battery test stands (Arbin, Maccor, Neware, or BioLogic preferred)
- Familiarity with JMP, Minitab, Labview, or Python
- Experience using complex iterative logic, including writing test scripts
- Experience using cloud based organizational tools
- Basic laboratory safety knowledge
- Strong communication skills and high attention to detail
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.