Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Commercial Analytics team is part of the broader Software & Analytics group at Form Energy. They manage analytics engagements with current and prospective customers, assess market fundamentals, generate commercial proposals, and build customer trust and value through rigorous analytics and skillful communication.
We work closely with Commercial Operations, Battery Product Management, other Form teams, and customers to uncover and articulate the value of Form Energy's product(s). This involves identifying customers' interests and concerns, designing analytics approaches in partnership with other internal teams, ensuring that all customer-facing material is highly curated, meeting our quality standards, and delivering the desired impact.
The Senior Analyst will help us scale up our efforts to meet a growing customer pipeline, and engagements, translating the customer needs and pain points into a quantifiable framework.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Form's Commercial Operations and Battery Product Management teams and, ultimately, Form's customers to provide analysis and identify specific opportunities for our multi-day storage product
- Lead efforts to translate customer systems, needs, and pain points into a quantifiable framework
- Use a variety of data, power market expertise, and modeling tools (primarily FormwareTM, Form's in-house capacity expansion, unit commitment, and economic dispatch model) to determine project configurations for specific customer applications, quantify and communicate the value that Form Energy's product can deliver, and continuously improve how Form can quantify and communicate value to its customers
- Create compelling narratives and data-driven pitches to communicate the value of Form's products to current and future customers
- Where Form's existing suite of tools and data can't deliver the results necessary, you'll prototype new features working with Product Management, Software Engineering, and Software R&D teams to scope and build new tools to uncover and deliver customer value
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the mission!
- Minimum 4+ years of commercial experience (depending on role level and degree); Commercial experience in market modeling, financial analysis, energy trading, or project development in the renewable energy or energy storage spaces; and Deep understanding of U.S. power market fundamentals and dynamics.
- Ability to collect and organize large data sets, run extensive quantitative analysis to address complex questions, and present complex results clearly and compellingly
- Experience using Python to perform complex analyses and visualization, e.g., Pandas, NumPy, Altair, and Plotly (Professional software engineering experience is not required or expected)
- Experience scoping and managing projects that rely on complex, data-intensive models
- Bachelor's in economics, engineering, mathematics, or other technical subjects
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.