We are looking for a Senior Accountant. This is a great role for someone looking to play a key role with a broad scope at a fast-growing PE backed business. This role will report to our Controller, and is based in Ridgewood, NJ. Key responsibilities will include:
· Become a key stakeholder in a newly formed internal accounting team, supporting a fast-growing business, developing a diverse portfolio of distributed energy projects
· Perform daily accounting functions: daily cash management, overseeing AP/AR processes, periodic closing procedures, financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, and debt compliance reporting.
· Assist in the implementation of new systems/software
· Regularly collaborate with the front office and other departments of the business to provide reporting and tax guidance, while ensuring appropriate financial accounting
· Participate in the internal/ external audit process with specific focus on collecting key financial, accounting and inventory control data
· Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned
· Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
The Ideal Candidate
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast paced, private equity backed growth business. Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
· Do the Right Thing
· Act Like An Owner
· Demand Results
· Go Together
· Evolve or Disappear
For you to be successful in the role, you should have:
· Ability and motivation to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, PE backed business
· Sound knowledge of accounting principles and standards
· 2+ years of accounting experience
· Strong understanding or interest in federal, state and local tax regulations
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Experience in working with accounting software and databases
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Superior data analysis skills
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.