Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate-change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints.
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Director of Technical Sales will be a part of the Sales team. This role will be responsible for executing the regional sales strategy that drives revenue objectives for our portfolio of continuous monitoring hardware, software and certification services. This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Responsible for developing and executing the Technical Sales Strategy across energy sector sales channels: upstream, midstream, downstream, utilities and LNG
- Work cross functionally with the Marketing, Technology, Customer Success, and Operations teams to build value propositions for existing and future service offerings
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend solutions that assist the customer in meeting their technical and non-technical objectives
- Partner with product engineers, certification engineers and sales cohorts to deliver technical presentations that provide solutions for customers and demonstrate ROI
- Align with Operations and Customer Success teams to ensure customers are receiving appropriate and timely technical solutions and services
- Assist in developing strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including managers, directors and executives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving challenges and escalating as required
- Manage technical sales related databases and CRM
- Develop technical sales materials to support sales team
- Use technical/business acumen to understand the client’s business and technical requirements, and competitive landscape
- 5 years of sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or equivalent education
- Proven track record of success as an SME or Account Executive in technical sales
- Proven track record of success in acquiring new customers and identifying and progressing sales opportunities from identify and qualify stages to closing the sale
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to develop sales strategies, analytical and implementation skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to present and persuade at the operational and leadership level within multiple organizations
- Self-starter with strong desire to win and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Understanding of competitive technologies and their place in the market
- Experience and knowledge of the energy sector and software, hardware solutions and IOT devices are beneficial
- Available for travel up to 40%
- Alignment with the mission and vision of a PBC and B-Corp
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice – choice between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Salary range: $90,000 - $140,000 annual base
- Variable compensation tied to revenue growth
- Flexible work environment