Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles: Action
: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.Boldness
: We don’t tinker, we transform.Customer-Centered
: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.Diligence & Dedication
: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.Entrepreneurial
: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
The primary focus of the Director, Sales Operations will be to provide broad operational day-to-day support to the Business Development team, managing the tools and systems that are critical for our sales process.
What You'll Do
- Manage Aspiration's CRM platform (ie. Salesforce) design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance, in partnership with internal (engineering/product) and external support, as well as the overall CRM platform relationship.
- Work with Business Development, Sustainability and Finance teams to gather business requirements to reflect in CRM build
- Manage CRM administrator(s) and relevant contractors in development and user testing phases, ahead of launch
- Train BD and other stakeholders, as appropriate, to utilize the CRM and additional sales operations tools
- Partner with Sourcing and FP&A to negotiate contract terms, pricing and expectations, along with SLA and budget management
- Develop annual strategic roadmap for CRM implementation, updated as needed, reflecting product/feature launches or updates
- Develop and manage reporting for the BD team on a weekly basis, and the Executive team on a monthly/quarterly basis, including Quarterly Reviews
- Define Sales KPIs and ensure consistent use of KPI definitions across the company
- Track and analyze key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, and quota attainment with recommendations for improvement
- Partner with BD Exec Team to create and maintain sales forecasting models and data
- Ensure accurate and timely sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the CEO and leadership team. Develop new reporting tools as needed.
- Create and maintain process for BD team to stay abreast of carbon projects in the pipeline
- Ensure BD team is equipped with the data needed to make accurate decisions
- Align with Sustainability/Carbon team to provide accurate and updated carbon portfolio supply data and visualization
- Identify, evaluate, and execute on opportunities for sales process improvement, including enabling technologies in support of BD productivity
- Develop onboarding and training process for new BD hires
- Maintain NDA and contract records in conjunction with Legal
- Foster close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders - especially BD and Sustainability Managers, Directors, and VPs.
- A variety of other duties aligned with your unique skills, as our firm and its obligations expand and evolve
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of sales operations and/or financial operations experience
- 1-3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment
- Expert Excel data analysis and presentation skills
- Experience using data visualization BI tools a plus (Looker, Tableau)
- Experience working with large datasets and utilizing SQL/Python a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications and solutions
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to influence internal and external executives
- Some understanding of the FinTech landscape, experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrate a customer focus, entrepreneurial spirit, resilience, attention to detail, a team mentality, and company & industry knowledge
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here