The National Account Executive will be responsible for ensuring our largest and highest potential accounts are finding value in our service and growing our footprint within Gridium’s 500+ customer base and growing our net new customer base. Responsibilities include:
- Building and refining tops-down and bottoms-up sales motion within our largest accounts (portfolios of 30+ buildings).
- Delivering value and running a crisp sales processes with new accounts interested in Gridium's software.
- Expanding Gridium’s footprint within our highest value accounts where we already have deployments (software footprint).
- Developing executive and building-level relationships to help accelerate growth.
- Facilitating the timely and successful delivery of our software solution and project management offering according to customer needs and objectives.
- Project managing and coordinating internal resources from Customer Success, Sales, Product, and the executive team resulting in renewals, organic growth, and customer advocacy.
- Collaborating with our Customer Success Team to ensure all deliverables are top-notch and on time for key accounts.
- Minimum of two years experience in Sales within the Commercial Real Estate or commercial Energy Efficiency field. Preference will be given to candidates with in-field energy efficiency experience. Candidates with experience in Energy Management, Sustainability, or other relevant roles will also be considered.
- Ability to provide customers with tailored guidance, and expertise on decarbonization, energy management, building operations, sustainability, and other topics related to energy use in commercial real estate.
- Candidates with expertise in aspects of energy management in commercial office buildings are preferred. Candidates with exceptional mechanical intuition or demonstrated competency in a related technical field should apply and prepare to learn building operations.
- Strong expansion or new business track record and ability to navigate complex account structures and corporate bureaucracy. The position will be measured on revenue goals.
- Experience in developing account plans and expansion sales motion in Commercial Real Estate.
- Experience with Salesforce, Sales engagement tools (Outreach/Salesloft/Hubspot), and Google Workspace.
- Proactive sales approach including outbound activities to generate new sales opportunities within key accounts.
- Experience building customer advocacy both internal to customer organizations and externally facing to the market.
- You must currently live in and have the legal right to work in the United States
The position comes with a base salary in the range of $100-120K and a generous commission policy that can significantly increase compensation above the base salary (target of $200-240k), a meaningful equity grant, a 401(k) with 4% match, a great health plan, vision, dental, generous parental leave, and a flexible vacation policy — we want you to take the time off you need so that you are happy and productive.
Gridium is a remote-first company that has been operating this way since 2012. We think we have a great hybrid work culture and get the team together multiple times per year for team building and strategy sessions.
This role will be based out of California, Texas (Houston, Dallas, Austin), NYC, or Boston. The ability to travel to visit customers is a requirement.