At Zoomo, we're leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In the short span since the founders went full time in 2019, Zoomo has raised over $100M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Domino’s, Flink, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
If you are a proven and qualified accountant looking to jump into an amazing opportunity in one of the world’s leading B2B micro-mobility start-ups and take the next step in your career, then this is the right role for you! You will be joining the team at an important point of our journey where we are reinventing and improving our financial reporting every month and striving to provide more valuable actionable insights.
Working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be allocated our Continental European markets which will become your responsibility to own all aspects of reporting.
- Manage month end closing process, monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and timely resolution of variances.
- Prepare monthly management reporting and provide comments on movements.
- Manage group stocktake and inventory accounting process.
- Take the ownership of the fixed assets and capital expenditure accounting and reporting.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for annual audits.
- Manage the indirect tax filings timely and meet all local compliance requirements for allocated markets.
- Assist the FP&A team with the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Mentor junior accountants to perform well on the allocated duties.
- Continue reporting improvements, defining and shaping our financial reporting road map to ensure we continue to improve the accuracy and quality of reporting.
- Work with the wider finance team, and other business units to improve efficiency including documenting process improvement.
With >5 years’ accounting experience, you’ll have a good knowledge of accounting concepts. Your exceptional organisational skills are a given, as is your ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. Additionally, you’ll have:
- University degree in accounting or finance, ideally ACCA or OEC qualified
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and general ledger maintenance
- Solid understanding of business processes and how processes could scale.
- Our team is a high performing and results driven and our ideal candidate would have prior start up experience.
- Must speak English plus French and/or Spanish and/or German
- Excellent problem-solving skills & time management skills with the ability to effectively manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Xero knowledge / exposure would be a bonus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Sound knowledge in French tax and payroll compliance, experience with German or Spanish local compliance will be extra credits.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and timely manner
- Ability to effectively operate as part of a wider team towards a common goal of improving the function
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions where required
- ERP implementation experience a bonus
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Competitive salary on offer
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model.
- Tech Allowance for BYO device.
- The chance to be part of an organisation in a fast growing industry with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals.