Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role DescriptionWe are looking for a hands-on individual to join our Form Futures team, a small group of creative problem solvers tasked with innovating on Form’s existing iron-air battery and developing new product lines. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with scientists and engineers to develop and refine critical processes. The ideal candidate will be comfortable constantly learning, repeating, and iterating on first-of-a-kind processes at the direction of our Form Futures team. We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense for chemical safety, organization, and attention to detail. This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in novel research and development, where you will learn state-of-the-art lab practices from senior scientists and engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Execute novel chemical and material processes as described by our Form Futures team
- Support scientists and engineers by stocking, cleaning, and maintaining key consumables and equipment
- Build experimental electrochemical cells to test new materials and cell designs
- Prepare samples for characterization
- Facilitate installation and assembly of new equipment or tools
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years experience in a chemical laboratory environment
- Familiarity with chemical hygiene and wet lab safety practices
- Ability to safely and effectively execute lab processes with limited work instructions
- Experience with chemical or materials processing techniques, such as solution preparation or dry powder weighing and mixing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workspace Applications
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work on step stools
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.