Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a Senior Battery Engineer to energize our performance verification and root cause and correct active efforts on the Performance and Integration (P&I) Team. P&I works with other development teams to understand how materials and chemical properties of electrodes and cell components impact device performance. In this role, you will design, execute, and analyze experiments measuring battery and materials properties to draw conclusions about cell design, device operation, and process of manufacturing. You will work within a highly interdisciplinary team, comprised of test engineers, materials scientists, chemical engineers, and mechanical engineers. This opportunity offers the chance to apply your deep electrochemistry and engineering knowledge, mentoring experience, and ability to foster robust interdisciplinary collaborations – all towards the goal of making Form’s long-duration energy storage systems a success.
What You'll Do:
- Bring your expert knowledge of electrochemistry and engineering best practices to capture and derisk problems, interpret data, and discover device-operation, cell-design, or assembly-process improvements that help drive our technology and business forward.
- Adopt and deploy root cause, failure and problem solving frameworks (A3, Fault-Tree Analysis, Ishikawa Diagrams, etc.).
- Work in small, cross-functional teams with materials scientists, mechanical engineers, process engineers, test engineers, technicians, and business and commercialization professionals to quantify device performance and execute gap analyses, to directly inform decision-making.
- Grow and teach your expertise in electrochemical testing as well as design of experiments, statistical analysis and storytelling with data. Provide regular data updates and coordinate data reviews with the technical development team.
- Use your experience, curiosity and empathy to support the team in a fast-paced, actively growing start-up environment.
What You'll Bring:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field
- 5+ years experience developing electrochemical energy storage or conversion systems (e.g., alkaline batteries, electrolyzers, lead-acid batteries, lithium-ion batteries, fuel cells, flow batteries, or chlor-alkali reactors)
- Experience with root cause and failure analysis related to the electrochemical performance of devices
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and design of experiments
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.