Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary’s mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Operations Manager will be a part of the Customer Success team reporting to the VP of Customer Success. They are responsible for managing all aspects of Project Canary’s hardware performance, maintenance, and associated logistics. They will coordinate and collaborate with the Field Technical team to ensure our customers’ and company’s success. As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, flexible work environment, and a sustainability core.
- Own unit performance metrics and processes for Project Canary, to include identifying maintenance issues.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Field Coordinator and Field Technicians to schedule unit repairs, replacements, and troubleshooting.
- Manage the deployed unit inventory across the customer base by unit type.
- Own the initial unit implementation process for bringing units live for customers.
- Understand and communicate key contributors to unit performance, collaborate with supply chain and hardware teams to continuously improve unit performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of technology and product details.
- Open to ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- Covid-19 Vaccination required
- 7+ years of experience leading programs/projects of increasing complexity and scale.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related
- Must reside near the Denver area (Open to hybrid approach once onboarding is complete)
- Alignment and commitment to Project Canary’s business purpose and corporate mission
- Process oriented problem solver willing to roll up their sleeves to get anything done
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Prior experience or knowledge of oil and gas operations
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and frequent change
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Effective team player with the ability to collaborate across internal and external stakeholders.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Master’s degree in operations, engineering, or related field.
- Experience growing an operations function within a small, fast paced organization
- Strong analytical capabilities utilizing various business intelligence tools and data sets.
- Experience organizing and driving continuous improvement in operations through CRM platforms like Salesforce.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Monthly Flex Choice Stipend – choice between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office
- Salary range: $94,000 - $127,000
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Denver