Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Cathode team is focused on the air-breathing half of our iron-air technology. Our interdisciplinary team develops and tests new materials for the cathode to launch a revolutionary energy storage technology to tackle climate change. We need your help to identify creative solutions for process improvement, material characterization, and cell testing to accelerate our development efforts. This role is a great opportunity to work with a team of electrochemists, materials scientists, and mechanical engineers on some of Form Energy’s most exciting challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Independently execute experiments including: experiment design, planning, data collection, data analysis, and presentation
- Identify and implement process improvements focused on improving electrode performance and durability
- Design, assemble, and prototype fixturing for executing experiments
- Analyze experimental data and draw conclusions to guide process development
- Perform material characterization (Scanning Electron Microscopy, optical microscopy) of cathode materials
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for cathode production processes and characterization techniques
- Present updates and findings to the team during regular group meetings
- Promote safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field
- Eagerness to learn new hands-on laboratory, characterization, and process engineering skills
- Experience giving technical presentations
- Experience working in a lab, including a solid understanding of laboratory safety
- Battery experience not required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.