Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Electrolyte Development team is seeking a co-op to support our R&D platform. In this role, you will dive into hands-on lab work, working with the team to improve our electrochemical test methods through the design and execution of experiments. You will also work closely with chemical, materials, and mechanical engineers on the technology development team to collect and analyze their data. If you are creative, safety-conscious, attentive to details/documentation, and excited to learn, please apply!
What You'll Do:
- Identify and implement process modifications focused on improving data quality
- Use electrochemical techniques to quantify test reliability
- Characterize cells and individual components using solution-based or materials characterization techniques
- Work with materials engineers, chemical engineers, electrochemists, and a team of technicians to integrate learnings across the technical development team
- Use analytical tools (i.e. JMP, python) to quantitatively analyze and visualize data
- Promote safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, or related field
- Eagerness to learn new hands-on laboratory, characterization, and process engineering skills
- Experience giving presentations of a technical nature
- Experience working in a lab, including a solid understanding of laboratory safety preferred
- Experience with batteries and electrochemical techniques preferred
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.