Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary’s mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Customer Success Manager, Regulated Customers will be a part of the Customer Success team, partnering with clients to deliver value-driven solutions with an emphasis on meeting customer business outcomes to retain and expand our existing customer base.
Successful candidates are motivated by the customer's long-term success, have a mix of technical and business expertise, are data and detail driven, and have experience delivering large-scale programs. You are a proven leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and team levels. You collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, while navigating across geographical and organizational boundaries. You are a natural problem solver who thrives in ambiguity and leads autonomously.
- Understand and stay educated on the changing regulatory requirements impacting the Oil and Gas industry.
- Manage customers with regulatory requirements, ensuring Project Canary delivers timely and complete information, easing the burden of these requirements for our customers.
- Ensure compliance with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) Reg 7 by annotating downtime, alerts and creating monthly reports.
- Demonstrate excellent customer engagement skills through all levels of an organization and develop long term relationships based on excellence.
- Maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing company technologies to unlock opportunities for customers
- Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
- Accelerate customer adoption through education, enablement, and regular business meetings.
- Manage time efficiently and align and engage required Customer and Project Canary teams to exceed customer expectations.
- Build strong, trusted, and influential relationships with strategic customers, business development and the Organization
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple customer requests in a fast-paced environment, including timeline scoping and effective re-prioritization
- Drive the effective execution of customer requests and expectations through applied project/ program management.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, and communicating customer health regularly, including performance, opportunities, and challenges
- Develop and deliver external Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) for customer accounts to highlight performance and value of Project Canary solutions in their operations.
- Collaborate effectively with key roles in other Project Canary teams to deliver full enterprise value to our customers
- Responsible for day-to-day management and execution of Customer Success programs: the objectives and goals required to achieve metric improvements.
- Covid-19 Vaccination required
- 7+ years of experience leading programs/projects of increasing complexity and scale.
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory affairs in an energy industry related role or application (oil and gas, utilities, petrochemicals).
- Bachelor level of education or equivalent level of applied work experience in a similar role
- Alignment and commitment to Project Canary’s business purpose and corporate mission
- Management and delivery of SaaS based solutions and services (preferably in the Oil and Gas industry)
- Strong experience managing support and onboarding initiatives, and proven ability to guide customers through adoption of new technology solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills that establish Trusted Advisor relationships with clients
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience in a customer facing commercial role.
- Direct experience complying with Colorado Reg 7 requirements.
- Master level education in a commercial or technical field applicable to Project Canary’s business and mission.
- Strong foundation in Environmental, Societal, and Governance (ESG) principles and concepts with the ability to connect them to customer value propositions.
- Strong analytical capabilities utilizing various business intelligence tools and data sets.
- Experience organizing and driving continuous improvement in customer service through CRM platforms like Salesforce.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Monthly Flex Choice Stipend – choice between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office
- Salary range: $70,000 - $100,000 + variable compensation based on performance
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Denver