Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are seeking a chemical engineering, chemistry, or materials science co-op to join the electrolyte team at Form Energy to develop mechanistic understanding of reactions occurring during additive processing. You will build on existing results to improve the performance of our electrolyte. You will dive into hands-on lab work, working with the electrolyte team to design and run experiments focused on materials processing and characterization. Experience with aqueous chemistry and related characterization techniques, such as titration and ICP, is a plus as well as experience with materials characterization techniques such as XRD. You will work closely with chemical, materials, and mechanical engineers on the technology development team to collect and analyze their data.
What You'll Do:
- Design and execute experiments to understand and refine additive incorporation processes
- Characterize individual components using solution-based or materials characterization techniques, including titrations and XRD
- Utilize statistical tools (e.g. JMP) and python scripts to analyze and visualize experimental data
- Work with materials engineers, chemical engineers, electrochemists, and a team of technicians to integrate learnings across the technical development team
- Practice safe laboratory techniques, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field
- Eagerness to learn new hands-on laboratory and characterization skills
- Some experience working with or analyzing results from characterization techniques such as XRD or ICP
- Experience giving presentations of a technical nature
- Experience working in a lab, including a solid understanding of laboratory safety preferred
- Battery experience not required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.