Business Development and Sales Intern, Raise Green, Inc. (Remote)
ABOUT RAISE GREEN
Raise Green is a platform designed to connect clean energy projects & climate tech companies with both retail and accredited investors to democratize sustainable investing. We’re an SEC/FINRA registered marketplace that gives companies the ability to set their own terms, engage their customers and communities, and allow anyone to invest directly in climate solutions for as little as $100. This broadens access and exposure to verifiable ESG impact investments, and accelerates deployment. We are financing a healthy, just, and sustainable future that allows anyone to access & benefit from the clean energy transition.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Business Development and Sales Intern supports the Head of Business Development to support market research, customer targeting, and project management, for business-to-business sales to companies in climate-focused industries, as well as business-to-customer sales to investors looking to make an impact with their dollars. We’re seeking an intern with some experience in market research, and a strong interest in clean energy and climate change. You will assist in identifying target customers, supporting outreach planning, and managing external-facing sales collateral. The size of the current team means that you may wear many hats and make important contributions to the overall success of Raise Green. Our Business Development and Sales Intern has a passion for social justice, sustainable finance, and the environment, and is excited to work hard to understand markets and customer needs.
- Research current and new target customer segments, compiling short summary reports to distill complex information into actionable management recommendations. Refine and pursue ideal customer profiles, value proposition and messaging, and expected objections.
- Develop lists of specific target customers, making creative use of public information sources, existing Raise Green datasets and intelligence.
- Organize and consolidate existing Raise Green research efforts to leverage past work and ensure key insights are clearly documented.
- General management of our automated acquisition tools, and escalating for follow up as needed
- Manage and produce content and collateral such as presentations, educational documents, blogs, and email copy.
- Join sales calls to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points.
- Help maintain the sales CRM database and improve sales performance reporting, by organizing existing data, creating a weekly dashboard, and interviewing team members to identify areas of improvement.
- Support sales and investor acquisition efforts with project and campaign management - as needed, coordinate tasks and develop project trackers to facilitate team organization and collaboration.
- Interface and collaborate with marketing and other functional teams on joint initiatives.
- Initiate sales projects as opportunities arise and take on other duties and responsibilities where needed.
- Support potential event planning and special initiatives such as the Raise Green Impact Partner program.
- Full time is preferred, however a commitment of 20 hours per week is required during the academic term, and a full time commitment of up to 40 hrs/ week is required outside of term.
- A 6-month commitment is highly preferable
- You hold a BA/BS, or you are a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior from an accredited college, with a good academic standing.
- You have a passion for sustainable finance and impact investing, solar or renewable energy.
- You’re a self-starter who asks lots of questions, structures your own work, and enjoys trying new things.
- You love words! You’ve got the gift of gab or a passion for writing, articulating ideas clearly, concisely and powerfully. Prior copy-writing or marketing experience a plus.
- You also love data! You’re analytically oriented and comfortable using data to solve problems. Experience with pivot tables, database management, or other data-handling skills is a plus, but very good organizational skills are critical.
- You can describe having solved open-ended problems requiring research and creativity, and the idea of market research is interesting to you. Previous market research, project management, or sales experience a plus.
- You have good organizational skills, attention to detail, and personal accountability. Prior project management experience is also a plus.
- You are able to manage multiple competing priorities, and to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
- You’re fun to work with, quick to laugh, willing to take calculated risks, and a creative problem solver with a “can-do / failure is not an option” approach to work.
Compensation will be for course credit. Additionally, we offer a largely flexible working schedule, and are a growing startup with upward mobility potential!
Interested? Let us know if you’re interested in joining us. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raise Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.