About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Visual Designer to join our Design System team. You will be the visual force behind Aurora Solar products. You are a talented storyteller, and critical thinker who follows a strong human-centered design approach.
Being on the Design System team, you will assure the expression of our brand theoriesin the product UI/UX. You will work closely with multidisciplinary members like brand, motion,illustration, fellow product designers, and engineering.
Your primary role will be to research and design interface components, perform usability testing, and create clickable Figma prototypes to validate design concepts. The ideal candidate will use this information to help us create the best user experience possible for our saas products.
Bonus: existing design system experience, iconography design, and motion graphics storyboarding.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- You will drive innovation in visual solutions, in terms of systems
- You will coach fellow designers to strengthen visual design practices
- Work in close conjunction with engineering to develop product components and a visual QA processes
- Move fluidly from conceptual design to deliverables: high-level concepting, wireframes, product design, user-interface, and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping in Figma
- Work with product stakeholders to identify requirements
- Work within and continue to evolve our design system for our expanding solar product offerings
What we value:
- Degree in human-computer interaction, interaction design, graphic design, or a related field
- Working knowledge of UX design concepts
- Expertise in component creation and Auto Layout in Figma
- UX design tools such as Figma, Flinto and InVision
- Experience with user testing and usability analysis
- Please include a portfolio of work in the application
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!