We are looking for team players who are excited about being part of a fast-moving company, curious enough to ask questions and explore new ideas, passionate enough to serve our customers and communities, and ready to take ownership of challenges and grow with us. We are a team, first and foremost, and we take pride in our collaborative efforts; Everyone is accountable for achieving our goals.
Motiv Power Systems is looking for a Production Test Engineer to join our Manufacturing Team in Hayward. This position determines how to create a process that would best test a particular product in a manufacturing environment, in order to assure that the product meets applicable specifications. The Production Test Engineer will also be responsible for the co-development and maintenance of all production test equipment and software and understands the stages of test development to ensure our products are tested correctly.
- Analyze and track defects identified in testing
- Work with product teams to develop test plans for new products
- Assist in developing test protocols to anticipate product performance
- Monitor and track the status of test defects until closed
- Determine timing and cost required to execute test programs
- Prepare failure analysis report and provide corrective actions
- Recommend product design revisions based on test data to meet expected performance
- Determine resource and equipment needs to conduct testing
- Develop manual and automated tools to increase test effectiveness
- Develop best practices to improve testing quality
- Review technical architecture documents, design documents, and functional requirements to identify any potential defects
- Maintain accurate documentations for executed test programs
- Investigate test problems and implement solutions
- Troubleshoot, develop, and improve production line test machines
Education and Experience:
- 4-year Electrical or Electronic Engineering degree preferred
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered
Additional Preferred Expertise:
- Experience with power electronics design for DC/DC and DC/AC designs up to 1kV/500A
- Experience with component level analog and digital design
- Experience as a test engineer a plus, worked in CM/ manufacturing or testing environment
- Experience building, maintaining/ troubleshooting of electronic machines
- Experience with diagnosing, reading schematics, and blueprints like electronic and Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Experience with debugging PCBA down to component levels
- Experience with soldering and desoldering skills down to component levels
- Experience with PERL scripting
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at time
- $57,000.00-$95,000.00 (Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training.
This is a regular full-time position based in Hayward, CA.
Candidates only please; no recruiters.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Dental, Vision, HSA, Health & Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) with company match, company paid Basic Life and AD&D, employee paid Voluntary Life and AD&D.
- Generous PTO policy, 11 Paid Company Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Education Reimbursement
- Fresh daily snacks and a healthy Work/Life Balance
- Access to Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail.
- Free Online Training & Development
- Bicycle friendly, with bike storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front.
- Regular Happy Hours, Company Cultural Events, and more!
Motiv Power Systems is the medium-duty commercial electric vehicle (EV) leader that frees fleets from fossil fuels. Founded in 2009, the Bay Area-based, commercial EV company draws on 14 years of experience to create accessible, cost-effective, and innovative EV technology for organizations that are the backbone of the economy.
Motiv has more than 150 all-electric trucks and buses on the road with businesses of all sizes, across a broad spectrum of industries, including linen, parcel, food, hospitality, airports, higher education, pupil transportation, and more. Motiv vehicles operate at over 98 percent uptime, and have logged more than two million miles, while also offering fleets up to 85 percent operation and maintenance cost savings. Motiv’s proven EV technology provides operators with a healthier, smoother, and more profitable driving experience.