Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
Technical Operations is our internal R&D production team. We focus on prototype build, synthesis, and materials characterization processes that directly inform our technology development. Your projects will be focused on process controls and scale-up. You will implement various process improvements, equipment, and quality assurance standards. In this role, you will coordinate directly with various engineering development teams learning how to set up, perform, and troubleshoot experiments. The ideal candidate should be willing and eager to ask questions, test out ideas and assumptions, and work on a highly cross-functional, fast-paced team.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and implement process improvements focused on incorporating novel components, increasing throughput and monitoring quality assurance metrics
- Document and organize observations regarding production status, performance, and quality for traceability and root cause analysis
- Develop SOPs and WIs for electrode production and quality assurance techniques
- Use statistical tools to analyze experimental data and draw conclusions to guide electrode development and present findings to Technical Operations and the Electrode Development team
- Learn best practices on how to maintain laboratory conditions to promote a safe and productive work environment for all lab users
- Get mentored by experienced Process Engineers and Senior Technicians
- Work with various R&D component team members on various projects based on your skills/interests and Form’s top priorities
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing an undergraduate engineering degree
- A basic understanding of laboratory safety
- Familiarity with powder handling and processes
- Experience with technical documentation and presentations
- Battery experience not required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.